Mar 5, 2010

-------------------------

So I haven't been writing in my blog at all lately and today I heard it's little whimper in the corner of my bookmarks and decided to write a little something.

Right now is a very interesting time for me because I have been trying to give my life fully to God. It's curious trying to understand what that means in a culture so me-centered. Did you know that we think of ourselves approximately 95% of the time? In our culture everything revolves around the center of our universe - us. I want this. I need that. Even with our friends we're focusing on what they can give us. The worst part of it is that it's the same when we go into our relationship with God; what can He give us, how can He improve our lives?
I saw this little sticker one time that said "The Key to Happiness is: God first; others second; and me last." Is it that easy to put God and others before yourself? I don't know. I've been confused about a lot of things and I'm a little lost in a way. But I'm wondering if maybe that's where I'm supposed to be right now. I like to have all the answers - to have it all figured out. Maybe I just need to be a little bit lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment