Nov 7, 2009

A [Female] Pastor

As pretty much all of you know, my deepest dream is to to be a youth pastor. However sometimes I doubt my dream because of one thing; I'm a woman. Can a woman be a leader in her church? I've only ever had male youth pastors and I wonder sometimes if there really are women at the pulpit or leading youth. Last week I stumbled onto this article that totally threw me:

http://www.carm.org/apologetics/women-ministry/why-section-women-ministry

This makes me very discouraged. This guy has so much Biblical evidence against my beliefs on this issue, meanwhile all that I have to back me up is this; God has embedded in my heart a dream, so vivid that sometimes I feel that I am there. Leadership skills are in women too and I know that God wants to use the skills He's given me to help youth. Many people would say that I could be a youth pastor's wife instead. And no disrespect meant to youth pastor's wives, but why should he get all the fun? Also, I'm not counting on getting married.
All I know is I almost...need to be a youth pastor because I need to fulfill this dream.

Please comment and tell me what you think of this.

http://alwaysagape.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment